Celayix Software is a leader in Workforce Management Solutions. We help businesses schedule and manage their employees while considering their sophisticated needs from service coverage, shift qualifications, state and union rules, seniority, overtime, and more. Simply put, we “Make Scheduling Easy”. As part of our rapid growth and market driven strategy, we are looking for an experienced Web Applications Developer to join our team in downtown Vancouver, BC or work remotely. This is a permanent full-time position reporting to the Director of Software Engineering. Ideal candidates will use their experience in front-end and back-end technologies to develop web applications for mobile, touch and browser platforms.
- Create responsive and functional web applications which interact with our cloud services
- Collaborate with UX designers and team members to provide and support new features
- Develop and maintain new and existing web applications and REST APIs
- Plan, design, write, test, and debug application code
- Deliver high-quality work within tight deadlines
- Diagnose and solve problems quickly and effectively as they arise
3+ years of professional experience as a web application developer and/orusing these technologies:
- AWS Serverless architectures: RDS PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Lambda functions, FarGate, SNS, SQS
- Web services and REST APIs
- ETL, Data Warehousing, and white label reporting systems
- Bitbucket, Git or similar code repositories
- Have excellent written and oral communications skills
- Be intrinsically motivated and an eager learner with a strong desire for self-improvement
- Be adaptable to changing business requirements
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a positive and collaborative manner with diverse co-workers
- Contribute to objective evaluations of new tools, processes, techniques and technologies to improve and accelerate our software delivery
Celayix Software offers a team-oriented, innovative and fun environment. Celayix believes in work-life balance and offers flexible working conditions. Additional benefits include extended health care coverage, course/tuition reimbursement, fresh fruits every week, monthly team and company-wide activities. If this isn’t the role for you, keep an eye on our careers page for updates on open roles!
To prevent infection and spread of COVID-19, and based on current directives of the Canadian Government, this will initially be a work-from-home (remote) position. Full support and onboarding are provided to the chosen candidates. However, the candidates are expected to provide – at their cost – a computer running Windows 10 or a Mac running High Sierra OS version (or better), a good Internet connection, good audio & video web conferencing equipment and a distraction free workplace.