Celayix is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. Since 2000, Celayix has been delivering employee scheduling software and time & attendance solutions to organizations with anywhere from 10 to 10,000 employees, contractors and volunteers. We consider their sophisticated needs from service coverage, shift qualifications, state and union rules, seniority, overtime, and more. Our purpose – simply put – is to “Make Scheduling Easy”.
As part of our rapid growth and market-driven strategy, we are looking for a Systems Administrator to join our team. This is a permanent full-time position reporting to the Director of Software Engineering. Ideal candidates will be part of a team providing IT support and operating our Saas product running on AWS.
- Effectively manage the installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure on site and in the AWS cloud
- Write, maintain and perform various scripting tasks to automate software deployments, onboard and configure new clients, and backup data for disaster recovery
- Monitor and maintain systems, servers, and network applications to ensure security and continuity of service
- Implement monitoring software and hardware, to secure and optimize utilization and performance of network, servers, and applications
- Collaborate with software development teams to troubleshoot issues and identify bottlenecks
- Support development team in maintaining a continuous software deployment and configuration management model
- On call support for any technology-related emergencies 24/7/365
- At least 3 years of experience as a systems administrator
- Post-Secondary Degree in an IT-related field as well as relevant certifications
- In-depth knowledge of IT infrastructure systems like Firewalls, VPNs, Active Directory, Office 365 and Citrix
- Knowledge and experience in networking and administration of AWS, Windows, Mac and Linux systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities
- Knowledge of Progress OpenEdge platform will be an asset
- Have excellent written and oral communications skills
- Be intrinsically motivated and an eager learner with a strong desire for self-improvement
- Be adaptable to changing business requirements
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a positive and collaborative manner with diverse co-workers
- Contribute to objective evaluations of new tools, processes, techniques, and technologies to improve and accelerate our software delivery
Celayix offers a team-oriented, innovative and fun environment. Celayix believes in work-life balance and offers flexible working conditions. Additional benefits include extended health care coverage, course/tuition
reimbursement, fresh fruits every week, and monthly team and company-wide activities.
This is a hybrid work-from-home/office position. When working from home, the candidates are expected to provide – at their cost – a computer running Windows 10 (or 11) or a Mac running High Sierra OS version (or better), a good Internet connection, good audio & video web conferencing equipment and a distraction free workplace.