As part of our rapid growth and market-driven strategy, we are looking for a Systems Administrator to join our team. This is a permanent full-time position reporting to the Director of Software Engineering. Ideal candidates will be part of a team providing IT support and operating our SaaS product running on AWS.
- Effectively manage the installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure on site and in the AWS cloud
- Write, maintain and perform various scripting tasks to automate software deployments, onboard and configure new clients, and backup data for disaster recovery
- Monitor and maintain systems, servers and network applications to ensure security and continuity of service
- Implement monitoring software and hardware, to secure and optimize utilization and performance of network, servers and applications
- Collaborate with software development teams to troubleshoot issues and identify bottlenecks
- Support development team in maintaining a continuous software deployment and configuration management model
- On call support for any technology related emergencies 24/7/365
- At least 3 years experience as a systems administrator
- Post-Secondary Degree in an IT related field as well as relevant certifications
- In-depth knowledge of IT infrastructure systems like Firewalls, VPNs, Active Directory, Exchange and Citrix
- Knowledge and experience in networking and administration of AWS, Windows, Mac and Linux systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities
- Knowledge of Progress OpenEdge platform will be an asset
- Have excellent written and oral communications skills
- Be intrinsically motivated and an eager learner with a strong desire for self-improvement
- Be adaptable to changing business requirements
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a positive and collaborative manner with diverse co-workers
- Contribute to objective evaluations of new tools, processes, techniques and technologies to improve and accelerate our software delivery
Celayix Software offers a team-oriented, innovative and fun environment. Celayix believes in work-life balance and offers flexible working conditions. Additional benefits include extended health care coverage, course/tuition reimbursement, fresh fruits every week, monthly team and company-wide activities.
The growth potential for the right candidate is uncapped. If you feel you are qualified for this exciting role, please fill out the form below!
To prevent infection and spread of COVID-19, and based on current directives of the Canadian Government, this will initially be a work-from-home (remote) position. Full support and onboarding will be provided to the candidates hired. However, the candidates are expected to provide – at their cost – a computer running Windows 10 or a Mac running High Sierra OS version (or better), a good Internet connection, good audio & video web conferencing equipment and a distraction free workplace.