Celayix Software is a leader in Workforce Management Solutions. We help businesses schedule and manage their employees while considering their sophisticated needs from service coverage, shift qualifications, state and union rules, seniority, overtime, and more. Simply put, we “Make Scheduling Easy”.
As part of our rapid growth and market-driven strategy, we are looking for an experienced Progress OpenEdge ABL Application Developer to join our team in downtown Vancouver, BC or work remotely. This is a permanent full-time position reporting to the Director of Software Engineering. Ideal candidates will use their experience in Progress OpenEdge ABL to develop web applications for mobile and browser platforms.
- Design, implement & maintain database schemas and business logic to meet application requirements
- Create services and expose them through REST & SOAP APIs for integration with web applications and 3rd parties
- Integrate application code with AWS serverless infrastructure and front-end web applications
- Deploy, monitor, test and debug SaaS application code
- Deliver high-quality work within tight deadlines
- Diagnose and solve problems quickly and effectively as they arise
- Work in a team environment on concurrent projects
3+ years of professional experience using these technologies:
- Progress OpenEdge v9 – v12 (especially procedural and OOP parts of ABL 4GL)
- AWS Serverless architectures: RDS PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Lambda functions, FarGate, SNS, SQS
- Web services and REST APIs ETL, Data Warehousing and white label reporting systems
- Bitbucket, Git or similar code repositories
- Have excellent written and oral communications skills
- Be intrinsically motivated and an eager learner with a strong desire for self-improvement
- Be adaptable to changing business requirements
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a positive and collaborative manner with diverse co-workers
- Contribute to objective evaluations of new tools, processes, techniques and technologies to improve and accelerate our software delivery
If this role isn’t for you, be sure to keep an eye on our Careers Page for updates on open position!
Celayix Software offers a team-oriented, innovative and fun environment. Celayix believes in work-life balance and offers flexible working conditions including working from home on an ad-hoc basis. Additional benefits include extended health care coverage, tuition reimbursement, fresh fruits every week, monthly team and company-wide activities. The growth potential for the right candidate is uncapped. If you feel you are qualified for this exciting role, please apply through the form below!
To prevent infection and spread of COVID-19, and based on current directives of the Canadian Government, this will initially be a work-from-home (remote) position. Full support and onboarding will be provided to the candidates hired. However, the candidates are expected to provide – at their cost – a computer running Windows 10 or a Mac running High Sierra OS version (or better), a good Internet connection, good audio & video web conferencing equipment and a distraction free workplace.