Do not sulk, be like Hulk, make changes in bulk!
Authors: Merry Chen and Calvin Ng
One of the newest features we’re adding to Scheduler Xpress is bulk updates. Bulk updates allow a supervisor to modify any number of fields belonging to many different shifts at once. Let’s take a look at how this powerful feature is used.
How to perform a bulk update:
First, a user has to select several shifts, denoted by the checkboxes on the lower right of each shift, and then select ‘Bulk updates’ from the top right dropdown in the menubar. This will bring up the bulk updates panel displaying the shifts you have selected and the paired ‘Set’ and ‘To’ inputs.
The ‘Set’ input allows you to select a field you want to modify. Once selected the ‘To’ input will display the corresponding input allowing you to set a value for that field. If you want to modify more fields, you can click on ‘+ Add another field’ to add another ‘Set’ / ‘To’ pair.
Clicking on the ‘# Selected Shifts’ will allow supervisors to review which shifts they are modifying.
Once you are happy with the shifts you have selected and the fields you want to modify, click on the ‘Update’ button on the bottom of the form to perform the action.
A banner message will be displayed to inform you of the success, or failure, of the operation.
Further details about the bulk update panel:
1. Initial screen. By default, the Set dropdown field is empty and the To input field is disabled.
2. The Set dropdown displays an alphabetical list of shift detail fields. Select the field to update.
3. Based on the selected item in the Set dropdown field, display the corresponding input in the To field.
4. Once the first pair of Set and To fields are entered, enable the Update action button.
5. To perform bulk update on multiple fields, click the Add another field link.
6. Remove already selected fields in the dropdown list.
7. Again, based on the selected item in the Set dropdown field, display the corresponding input in the To field.