On Sunday November 6, 2016 at 2:00 AM, the clocks will turn backward by one hour due to Daylight Saving Time. This applies to most locales in North America.
For eTime Xpress users, this has the following effects:
- The Celayix cloud servers will adjust their time automatically.
- eTime Xpress, Voice Xpress, Web Xpress and the mobile app will adjust their time automatically.
- You may have a policy of paying employees for the extra hour when they work through 2:00 AM on Sunday. E.g. pay 9 hours on what would normally be an 8-hour shift. In that case, make sure that 11/06/2016 is included in the Branch Daylight Saving Time settings in the Branch Configuration. If you do Not pay the extra hour, then do Not put an entry in the table.
- Note that if you pay the extra hour, then there may overtime when you don’t usually expect it. E.g., paying 41 hours in a 40-hour week.
- Hardware clocks such as Trax, ZK and HandPunch each have their own way of dealing with the time change. ZK clocks are configured to change automatically. Trax and HandPunch devices may require you to change the time. Contact us if you need assistance with this.
- If you have installed eTime Xpress on your own servers (on-premise installation) then you will need to ensure that your system updates the time correctly.
Celayix Support personnel are available to assist you.
1.888.591.5558 ext 3