Celayix Software is a leader in Workforce Management Solutions. We help businesses schedule and manage their employees while considering their sophisticated needs from service coverage, shift qualifications, state and union rules, seniority, overtime, and more. Simply put, we “Make Scheduling Easy”.
As part of our rapid growth and market driven strategy, we are looking for an experienced Web Applications Developer to join our team in downtown Vancouver, BC. This is a permanent full time position reporting to the Director of Software Engineering. Ideal candidates will use their experience in front-end and back-end technologies to develop web applications for mobile, touch and browser platforms.
- Create responsive and functional web applications which interact with our cloud services
- Collaborate with UX designers and team members to provide and support new features
- Develop and maintain new and existing web applications and REST APIs
- Plan, design, write, test and debug application code
- Deliver high quality work within tight deadlines
- Diagnose and solve problems quickly and effectively as they arise
- Work in a team environment on concurrent projects
3+ years of professional experience using these technologies:
- Serverless architectures from AWS (Lambda using Java, S3, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, etc)
- Progress OpenEdge V9-V11 (especially procedural and OOP parts of ABL 4GL)
- Web services and REST APIs
- Bitbucket, Git or similar code repositories
- Have excellent written and oral communications skills
- Be intrinsically motivated and an eager learner with a strong desire for self-improvement
- Be adaptable to changing business requirements
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a positive and collaborative manner with diverse co-workers
- Contribute to objective evaluations of new tools, processes, techniques and technologies to improve and accelerate our software delivery
Celayix Software offers a team-oriented, innovative and fun environment. Celayix believes in work-life balance and offers flexible working conditions including working from home on an ad-hoc basis. Additional benefits include extended health care coverage, tuition reimbursement, and monthly company and team events and activities.
The growth potential for the right candidate is uncapped. If you feel you are qualified for this exciting role, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter.