Celayix Software is a leader in Workforce Management Solutions. We help businesses schedule and manage their employees while considering their sophisticated needs from service coverage, shift qualifications, state and union rules, seniority, overtime, and more. Simply put, we “Make Scheduling Easy”.
As part of our rapid growth and market driven strategy, we are looking for a Systems Administrator to join our team. This is a permanent full-time position reporting to the Director of Software Engineering. Ideal candidates will be part of a team providing IT support and operating our SaaS product running on AWS.
- Managing the effective installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure on site and in the AWS cloud
- Monitoring and maintaining systems, servers and network applications to ensure security and continuity of service
- Write, maintain and perform various shell scripting tasks, automated software deployment tools, configuration and data backup operations for disaster recovery
- Implement network traffic and security monitoring software and hardware and optimize server utilization and performance
- Collaborate with software development teams to troubleshoot issues and identify bottlenecks
- Support development team in maintaining a continuous software deployment and configuration management model
- Provide on call 24/7/365 support for any technology related emergencies
- At least 3 years experience as a systems administrator
- Post-Secondary Degree in an IT related field as well as relevant certifications
- In-depth knowledge of IT infrastructure systems like Firewalls, VPNs, Active Directory and Exchange
- Knowledge and experience in networking and administration of Windows, Mac and Linux systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities
- Knowledge of Progress OpenEdge platform will be an asset
- Have excellent written and oral communications skills
- Be intrinsically motivated and an eager learner with a strong desire for self-improvement
- Be adaptable to changing business requirements
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a positive and collaborative manner with diverse co-workers
- Contribute to objective evaluations of new tools, processes, techniques and technologies to improve and accelerate our software delivery
Celayix Software offers a team-oriented, innovative and fun environment. Celayix believes in work-life balance and offers flexible working conditions including working from home on an ad-hoc basis. Additional benefits include extended health care coverage, tuition reimbursement, and monthly team and companywide events and activities.
The growth potential for the right candidate is uncapped. If you feel you are qualified for this exciting and challenging role, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter.